The day conference will enable new governors to become more familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the governing body and the working of the school. New governors should become more confident in participating as a school governor and become more effective in supporting school improvement. We strongly recommend that all new governors attend.
Autumn Term 2019 - Programme
What do you get in the programme?
• Full Day NQT Induction Conference
• Curriculum focused sessions – literacy, maths and science
• Phase based central courses – half day sessions delivered by the educationGateshead team
• Specialist sessions – to broaden the curriculum; delivered by some of our valued partners
• School Based Visits – supported opportunity to visit a school to look at good and outstanding teaching and learning practice
• Phase Network meetings – will provide supported opportunities for NQTs to meet regularly with colleagues teaching within the same phase in school
• Mentor support – Primary (Melanie Maitland and Dawn Foster) and EYFS (Julie Mancini)